We're looking always for talented people
Starting out? Newly experienced? Wherever you are in your career journey, we offer energizing, challenging opportunities.
Owlin cherishes a real hands-on mentality where ideas are discussed and evaluated in an open setting. Direct and honest comments are part of the working culture and enable us to quickly make decisions and work from there.
In the small business of Owlin employees have a large amount of ownership, independence and responsibility. The ability to perform under pressure while facing tight deadlines is part of the daily routine: we believe in delegating responsibilities instead of assigning tasks.
Furthermore our company culture is young and dynamic and based on direct lines of communication. We therefore appreciate it when candidates are able to process feedback well and provide feedback in a proactive and constructive manner as well.
When you thrive on making a difference within a small organization, like to work in an entrepreneurial environment and meet like-minded individuals, you might enjoy working for us!
Unique ‘startup-to-corporate’ internship at Owlin and KPMG
Are you interested in a unique ‘startup-to-corporate’ internship? For the first time in history a startup and corporate work together solely to allow you to combine the best of both worlds.
KPMG and Owlin together designed the startup-to-corporate internship. As an intern you spent three months at a leading Dutch Start-up and three months at one of the largest consultancy firms in the world.
Owlin is a fast growing start up, providing companies with the ability ‘turn news into actionable intelligence.’ Owlin collects news from nearly 2M online sources and provides insights in trends or markets in a usable format with the use of proprietary analyses and algorithms.
As an intern at Owlin you will be a fulltime member of the team with an enormous amount of responsibility. You will be working on assignments for big well-known multinationals. Next to this you will be an integral part of the Owlin team with individual responsibilities within the scope of a startup. If you are looking for a hands-on experience: this is it.
The second part of the internship you will be a fulltime member of the KPMG Innovative Startups team. KPMG Innovative Startups bridges the gap between corporates and startups, actively seeking technological startups which can be of added value to the business of KPMG. Next to this the team connects young innovative companies (such as Owlin) to clients of KPMG. It continuously collects, analyses and shares information about the tech ecosystem of the Netherlands and explores new forms of collaborations with innovative players.
You will be supporting the KPMG Innovative Startups in their daily activities, thinking along about positioning of the team, supporting clients, remain in contact with startups and frequently visit events in the startup community.
Owlin and KPMG have collaborated on various areas since 2013, setting up projects and servicing clients not only in the Netherlands but also in the US, one of the showcases of this collaboration can be found below:
This combined internship will allow you to work with multinational corporations from within a startup and vice versa.
- You are in your last year(s) of your (post) academic study.
- You will graduate in either Finance, Business, IT or Innovation Studies.
- You are motivated and ambitious in everything you do.
- You have a pro-active attitude.
- You have a critical, inquisitive and professional attitude and you are well able to work independently.
- Delivering quality work is your top priority.
- You are interested in the world around you and are socially involved.
- You are an involved and enthusiastic colleague and you have a healthy dose of perspective and self-reflection.
If you want to know more about Owlin, KPMG and this position, please send a email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're searching for full stack engineers to join the team behind our analytics dashboard.
- Work on front end, web app & data visualizations
- Continuous improvement and new development of data products
- Own the overall planning, execution, and on-time delivery of engineering projects
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization
Must have Hard Skills
- HBO work level
- Proper knowledge of the Dutch and English languages
- Proven track record in building web applications
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles for web apps
- Understanding of CS concepts such as: common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization
Must have Soft Skills
- Ability to work independent as well as in a team
- A passion for the display of quantitative information
- Entrepreneurial & pragmatic mindset
- High degree of personal motivation and ability to self-manage
- Strong sense for aesthetics
- Accomplishments in math & statistics
- Experience working with R, MATLAB other scientific computing language